A few days ago I was reading GypsyGamine's latest post about DIY floral crowns and was inspired to create one, so I decided to follow their tutorial, but tweaked it a bit, so here's my version for anyone else who also wants to learn how! It's super easy, you'll need:
- A bouquet of big flowers
- A bouquet of smaller flowers
- Glue gun
- Wire (that's strong enough to sit firmly on your head)
- Wire cutters
- Measure the wire around your head so it fits snugly, but comfortably,
- Then cut it, leaving excess wire on both sides.
- Wind the extra wire around itself, once you've confirmed it's going to fit on your head.
- Now we can start adding the flowers! Start with the big flowers and cut 3 inches below the flower, giving you enough stem to wrap about the wire a few times.
- Then wrap the stem tightly around the wire.. it can get a little cluttered so I would suggest popping the flower off the wire for the time being (super easy to put back on)
- Repeat this all across the wire until you're satisfied, then (if you've removed the flowers) you can try what I did.. which is putting the big flower on one end of the stem, then putting a small flower on the other end.. and repeat to get a varied look.
- When you're happy with the placement, secure the flowers with a bit of glue from your glue gun, let it dry and you'll be ready to go!
*My bouquet of small flowers came with little white flowers that I haphazardly glued all over the crown*